Survey Galaxy | Security & Resilience Overview
Survey Galaxy Security & Resilience Overview
Our aim is to provide all our customers with a robust and resilient service and with many years experience of implementing mission critical systems we regularly implement technology that continues to improve the websites physical and virtual security, backup and redundancy.
The following is a brief overview of Survey Galaxy's current Security and Backup facilities:-
- Survey Galaxy equipment is located in a building with a monitored security alarm with rapid response.
- Access to the servers is restricted to authorised personnel and has an independent security alarm.
- Our server room has:
- two air conditioning units each with an independent capacity to provide sufficient cooling in the event of single failure;
- a temperature monitor with an automatic phone dialer to notify technical staff in the event of temperature problem;
- an electricity supply that is on a separate circuit to the building.
- Survey Galaxy runs on separate SQL Database and Web Servers.
- Operate in a VM environment with high availability and failover capability
- UPS and automatic backup generator in the event of power outage.
- Databases and files are backed up nightly to an off-site backup server.
- Tape backups are created on a weekly basis and stored in an offsite fire safe.
- A gold hardware support contract is in effect with the server manufacturer providing a 24x7 support with a 4 hour response and 4 hour fix.
- Our disaster recovery contract guarantees to have replacement equipment in place within 8 hours.
- We operate a spare ADSL connection routed through an alternative building which can be utilised in the event of a disaster at the server room location.